Since being established in 1967, Ushio America, Inc. (UAI) and its group companies have evolved to become a photonics solutions provider. UAI continually invests in educating employees, technical capabilities, and its manufacturing sites across the USA to create solutions for our customers. We solve problems with light.
Light solutions at UAI can range from EUV Semiconductor light sources the size of a bus down to a sensor LED the size of a fingernail. Cinema lamps and laser light projectors are installed for the largest premium screens. Intelligent LED lighting for entertainment production to multispectral medical imaging systems that are designed and manufactured in an ISO 13485 certified medical facility. Architectural lighting creates a beautiful environment while horticulture lamps grow food in optimal conditions to save water and the environment. Care222® technology, developed and researched with Ushio Japan, inactivates viruses when people are present. UAI also distributes the lamps of its parent company, Ushio Japan, one of the world’s largest specialty light source companies.
UAI is fundamentally involved in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum from extreme UV to visible to far IR. Our knowledge of wavelength, power, packaging, module, system as well as active and passive selection enables us to present the best solution for your application.
At the heart of UAI is our people and their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) along with environmental, social, and governance (ESG). We support customers on their journey to develop customized augmented reality solutions or to manufacture high volume infrared heater lamps.
Ushio America, Inc. – at their Irvine, CA location – is seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our team as an Electrical Engineer. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in challenging work and wants to make a difference as a part of a fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be collaborating with engineers to develop cutting edge minimally-invasive electronic medical devices as well as LED and laser-based illumination products. In addition to design and development, the successful candidate will work with the team to improve existing products and production processes. If you are interested in an exciting team-based atmosphere and have a strong desire to grow professionally, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Electrical/Firmware Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading electrical and embedded firmware product design elements for complex electromechanical devices
- Working closely with mechanical, electrical, firmware engineers to produce class-leading designs
- Maintaining the standard of documentation required for high-reliability medical devices
- Interacting with customers to discuss project activities and address technical concerns
The Electrical/Firmware Engineer is expected to:
- Complete all work with a high level of workmanship and quality
- Be self motivated, analytic, and willing to learn independently
- Perform all work activities in a manner that promotes integrity and trust
- Contribute to and maintain a respectful and collaborative work environment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Applicants must possess the following skills:
- Working experience developing with C on embedded microcontrollers (Microchip Devices, ST Micro, etc.)
- FPGA development is a plus
- Familiarity with communications interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C)
- Interpret schematics to aid in firmware development and BOM creation as well as printed circuit board layout experience preferred
- Ability to be a contributing member of a product design team
- Desire to learn and utilize new technologies as they relate to firmware, electrical and electronic design
- Ability to debug, verify and validate firmware and software
- Create required documentation: product requirements/specifications, test plans and reports, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and respectfully with customers and suppliers
- Electrical circuit design experience preferred
- Linux experience preferred (e.g. Raspberry Pi)
**Current Ushio Employees are eligible for a referral bonus. Please reach out to HR for further instructions regarding more information and eligibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com