Ushio America Inc. Since being established in 1967, Ushio America, Inc. (UAI) and its group companies have evolved to become a photonics solutions provider. UAI continually invests in educating employees, technical capabilities, and its manufacturing sites across the USA to create solutions for our customers. We solve problems with light.
Light solutions at UAI can range from EUV Semiconductor light sources the size of a bus down to a sensor LED the size of a fingernail. Cinema lamps and laser light projectors are installed for the largest premium screens. Intelligent LED lighting for entertainment production to multispectral medical imaging systems that are designed and manufactured in an ISO 13485 certified medical facility. Architectural lighting creates a beautiful environment while horticulture lamps grow food in optimal conditions to save water and the environment. Care222® technology, developed and researched with Ushio Japan, inactivates viruses when people are present. UAI also distributes the lamps of its parent company, Ushio Japan, one of the world’s largest specialty light source companies.
UAI is fundamentally involved in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum from extreme UV to visible to far IR. Our knowledge of wavelength, power, packaging, module, system as well as active and passive selection enables us to present the best solution for your application.
At the heart of UAI is our people and their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) along with environmental, social, and governance (ESG). We support customers on their journey to develop customized augmented reality solutions or to manufacture high volume infrared heater lamps.
Ushio America, Inc. – at their Vermont location – s seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our team as an Engineering Manager. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in challenging work and wants to make a difference as a part of a fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be collaborating with engineers to develop cutting edge minimally-invasive electronic medical devices as well as LED and laser-based illumination products. In addition to design and development, the successful candidate will work with the team to improve existing products and production processes. If you are interested in an exciting team-based atmosphere and have a strong desire to grow professionally, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Engineering Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and overseeing the execution of engineering projects
- Implementation and oversight of Configuration Management
- Providing input to Business Development and Strategic Planning
- Interfacing with customers regarding business opportunities, project activities, and technical concerns
- Motivating, developing, evaluating, and mentoring Engineering personnel
- Definition and implementation of engineering continuous improvement initiatives and associated metrics
The Engineering Manager is expected to:
- Assemble teams that leverage individual strengths and capabilities to develop products and solutions within budget, schedule, and performance objectives
- Use judgment of individual strengths and workloads to establish project teams and allocate responsibilities
- Leverage capabilities of the engineering group to develop products and solutions within budget, schedule, quality and performance objectives
- Establish and maintain metrics to track and evaluate engineering department performance
- Maintain current understanding of resource planning needs to support strategic planning decisions
- Assist Human Resources in the recruitment of new engineers, technicians, and assistants to support engineering demands
- Assign Lead Engineer and Project Management responsibilities for engineering projects
- Perform Project Management and/or Engineering responsibilities as required to develop products and solutions to meet budget, schedule, quality, and performance goals
- Collaborate with Project Managers to define, implement, and maintain planning, monitoring, and controlling processes for engineering projects, including documentation and engineering design artifacts
- Oversee all aspects of all engineering projects directly or through Project Manager interface using planning, monitoring and controlling processes
- Oversee Configuration Management personnel
- Provide oversight of Configuration Management processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness relative to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and operational efficiency
- Maintain or delegate organized records of critical customer correspondence
- Assign personnel for addressing customer complaints and resolving field issues as requested by the customer or Customer Support teams
- Maintain a working knowledge of Ushio’s MRP system
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or commensurate level of relevant experience and 5 years’ previous experience in technical leadership role
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, schematics, and documentation
- Knowledge of and experience with MRP and project planning tools
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a product development team in a technical environment
- Ability and desire to learn, identify, and apply new technologies as they relate Ushio’s products and potential product
Ushio offers a comprehensive benefit package. Interested applicants can apply via e-mail or mail.
**Current Ushio Employees are eligible for a referral bonus. Please reach out to HR for further instructions regarding more information and eligibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com