Since being established in 1967, Ushio America, Inc. (UAI) and its group companies have evolved to become a photonics solutions provider. UAI continually invests in educating employees, technical capabilities, and its manufacturing sites across the USA to create solutions for our customers. We solve problems with light.
Light solutions at UAI can range from EUV Semiconductor light sources the size of a bus down to a sensor LED the size of a fingernail. Cinema lamps and laser light projectors are installed for the largest premium screens. Intelligent LED lighting for entertainment production to multispectral medical imaging systems that are designed and manufactured in an ISO 13485 certified medical facility. Architectural lighting creates a beautiful environment while horticulture lamps grow food in optimal conditions to save water and the environment. Care222® technology, developed and researched with Ushio Japan, inactivates viruses when people are present. UAI also distributes the lamps of its parent company, Ushio Japan, one of the world’s largest specialty light source companies.
UAI is fundamentally involved in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum from extreme UV to visible to far IR. Our knowledge of wavelength, power, packaging, module, system as well as active and passive selection enables us to present the best solution for your application.
At the heart of UAI is our people and their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) along with environmental, social, and governance (ESG). We support customers on their journey to develop customized augmented reality solutions or to manufacture high volume infrared heater lamps.
Ushio America, Inc. – at their Vermont location – is seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our team as our Manager of Engineering. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in challenging work and wants to make a difference as a part of a fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be collaborating with division leaders and lead our engineering team to develop cutting edge minimally-invasive electronic medical devices as well as LED and laser-based illumination products. If you are interested in an exciting team-based atmosphere and have a strong desire to grow professionally, this may be the opportunity for you.
Applicants must possess the following additional skills:
- Proven ability to manage a medical device design team with high regard for both individual and group contributions and results
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and thoughtfully with engineering staff and external consultants, clients, suppliers, and all levels of personnel
- Experience with FDA (21 CFR 820); ISO 13485; IEC60601-1(3rd); CE / RoHS and other regulatory agencies and requirements
- Excellent program and project management skills with strong document management
- Positive outlook and demeanor
- Ability and desire to learn and utilize new technologies
- Hands-on approach to completing designs, prototype testing, or verification activities
As manager of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for directing a growing team of 4+ direct reports (Electrical and Mechanical engineers) and managing 4+ engineering consultants (Electrical, Mechanical, Software/Firmware, Industrial)
- Driving technical teams to design products and solutions to meet budget, schedule, and product performance goals
- Creating and updating documentation to define design processes and implementation of same
- Planning and providing quoting input for projects that will extend to 12+ months in development
- Creating, reviewing and approving specifications, product briefs, design documentation and plans
- Supporting the engineering team by being readily accessible to address any concerns, questions, and project decisions; and by providing performance feedback, coaching, and mentorship to individuals on a consistent basis
- Planning, performing, and documenting verification and validation testing to demonstrate compliance to design and product requirements
- Interacting with customers to discuss project activities and address technical concerns
- Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Attending trade shows, seminars, and/or workshops as requested
Requirements: Minimum of Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, and 3+ years previous management experience.
Ushio offers a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants can apply via e-mail.
**Current Ushio Employees are eligible for a referral bonus. Please reach out to HR for further instructions regarding more information and eligibility.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org