Ushio America Inc. Since being established in 1967, Ushio America, Inc. (UAI) and its group companies have evolved to become a photonics solutions provider. UAI continually invests in educating employees, technical capabilities, and its manufacturing sites across the USA to create solutions for our customers. We solve problems with light.
Light solutions at UAI can range from EUV Semiconductor light sources the size of a bus down to a sensor LED the size of a fingernail. Cinema lamps and laser light projectors are installed for the largest premium screens. Intelligent LED lighting for entertainment production to multispectral medical imaging systems that are designed and manufactured in an ISO 13485 certified medical facility. Architectural lighting creates a beautiful environment while horticulture lamps grow food in optimal conditions to save water and the environment. Care222® technology, developed and researched with Ushio Japan, inactivates viruses when people are present. UAI also distributes the lamps of its parent company, Ushio Japan, one of the world’s largest specialty light source companies.
UAI is fundamentally involved in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum from extreme UV to visible to far IR. Our knowledge of wavelength, power, packaging, module, system as well as active and passive selection enables us to present the best solution for your application.
At the heart of UAI is our people and their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) along with environmental, social, and governance (ESG). We support customers on their journey to develop customized augmented reality solutions or to manufacture high volume infrared heater lamps.
Ushio America, Inc. – at their Vermont location – is seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our team as a Mechanical Engineer. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in challenging work and wants to make a difference as a part of a fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be collaborating with engineers to develop cutting edge minimally-invasive electronic medical devices as well as LED and laser-based illumination products. In addition to design and development, the successful candidate will work with the team to improve existing products and production processes. If you are interested in an exciting team-based atmosphere and have a strong desire to grow professionally, this may be the opportunity for you. Hybrid work schedules will be considered.
The Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mechanical aspects of product design
- System integration: incorporation of mechanical designs with other design disciplines
- Working as part of a team to design new products and improve existing products
- Create specifications, product briefs, design documentation, and plans as required
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies to meet requirements defined in the product requirements
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies that are cost and labor efficient relative to production quantities
- Select appropriate materials and processes to meet product requirements and cost goals
- Perform trade studies as necessary for component, process, and supplier selection
- Create solid models using standard solid modeling software (i.e., Solidworks)
- Plan, perform, and document validation testing to demonstrate compliance to product requirements
- Work with Production and Manufacturing Engineering to capture work instructions and assembly details on new and existing products
- Generate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) as necessary and attend ECO meetings when requested
- Review ECOs, assess design and regulatory requirements compliance impacts
- Review drawings and documentation for completeness and correctness before submittal to Document Control
- Provide assistance and guidance as necessary to Manufacturing Engineering and/or Production for: Rework instruction definition, determining action for non-conforming material (Material Disposition – MDF) and root cause identification and corrective action definition
- Interface with customers to discuss project activities, project status, and to address technical concerns
- Provide inputs as requested to generate proposals and customer quotations
- Document customer correspondence as required
- Assist in the process of customer complaint and field resolutions
- Attend tradeshows, seminars, and/or workshops as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Ability to interpret and generate mechanical drawings and bills of material
- Ability to perform mechanical design substantiations, both analytical and empirical
- Knowledge and understanding of materials, material compatibility, and manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of and experience with solid modeling and CAD tools
Ushio offers a comprehensive benefit package. Interested applicants can apply via e-mail or mail.
**Current Ushio Employees are eligible for a referral bonus. Please reach out to HR for further instructions regarding more information and eligibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com