EmArc® SMR-75 Metal Arc
SMR-75/D1 & SMR-75/LFL
For over 50 years USHIO has been developing advanced lighting technologies for the world. Now there is EmArc® 75W – a new and exciting advancement in the world of light. This 75W compact package has precise and powerful light.
EmArc lighting technology is the culmination of a dedicated effort to bring together the inherent advantages of a number of gas discharge sources into a single light source. EmArc light sources are a series of highly efficient, Enhanced Metal Arc, DC gas discharge lamps designed for use in medical, scientific, industrial and entertainment settings. EmArc lamps are a progressive step ahead in lighting technology possessing features that offer advantages to an array of users for imaging, fiber optic and other important optical applications.
EmArc lamps have geometric designs which enable alignment in dichroic visible light or UV specific coated reflectors facilitating use in numerous applications like lighting for minimally invasive surgery, curing of light sensitive resins and adhesives, and dental whitening procedures. EmArc versatility enables its use in a number of entertainment applications including searchlights, followspots, special effects and automated fixtures.
EmArc lamps are comparable to metal halide sources in luminous efficacy but with 2 to 5 times the life. EmArc lamps have very small arc gap sizes and have more than 2 times the luminous efficacy of xenon lamps. EmArc technology differentiates itself as a new family of discharge lamps.
The latest development in EmArc® technology, the new SMR-75/LFL, 75 watt lamp, has an optimized design that addresses illumination challenges in fluorescent microscopy systems and other unique scientific or industrial optical applications.
The SMR-75/LFL lamp is another masterfully engineered lamp from Ushio America, that combines the benefits of our unique EmArc lamp discharge technology with precisely crafted and manufactured parts resulting in a powerful and compact lighting solution.
EmArc lamps are a progressive step ahead in lighting technology, possessing features that offer advantages to an array of users for imaging, fiber optic and other important optical applications.
Features & Benefits
- Power Range From 50-75 Watts – Versatility / Power Tunability
- Small Arc Gap Size (1.2mm) – Highly Effective Optical Collection Capability
- Unique Hybrid Gas Discharge Technology
– 1,000 Hours of Life Provides Staying Power Over Other Conventional Gas Discharge Sources
– No High Internal Pressure When Cold
- Special, Rugged, Compact, 48mm Ø Elliptical Reflector Design
– Very High Light Path Efficiencies for Small Diameter Fiber
– Optic Bundle Applications
– Highly Durable
- Precise Filling Control, Electrode Design and Tight Manufacturing Tolerances With Tipless Arc Tube Construction
– Tightly Confined and Stable Plasma
- Discharge, Long Life
– Minimal Color Temperature Drift Over Life
– Better Optical Control, No Shadowing
- EmArc DC Technology – Enables Operation on Lower Cost DC Power Supplies Reducing OEM System Design Costs
- High Correlated Color Temperature – White Light for Crisp Imaging
- Unique Chemistry – High Efficacy Nearly 2 Times That of Xenon Sources
- USA Engineered and Manufactured
– Dependability, Accessibility and Flexibility
– Development and Engineering Support Close to the Customer
- 1,000 Hours of Life – 2 to 4 Times That of Conventional AC Short-Arc Metal Halide or Xenon Sources
- EmArc Gas Technology – No Heatsinks, Less IR and Thermal Loads to Work Around. Less Strain on Components. Simpler System Design Issues.
- Unique Long Focal Length Reflector Design Greatly Improves Optical Throughput Efficiency.
- 1.2 mm Arc Gap Size Enables Very Precise Optical Control and Well-Defined Light Distribution Pattern.
- ‘Plug and Play’ Lamp Design Requires No Lamp to Lamp Adjustment or Alignment in Your Optical System Compared to Other Traditional Lamp Sources.
- Highly Durable and Precisely Machined Reflector Parts Ensure Lamp to Lamp Integrity, Alignment and Consistency in Your Equipment.
- EmArc DC, Metal-Arc Technology, Enables Operation on Simpler, Lower Cost DC Power Supplies Reducing OEM System Design Costs.
- Lower Power (Wattage) Reduces Thermal to Load to Sensitive Equipment, like Microscopes, or Sophisticated Optical Systems Simplifying Lamp House Design and Lowering Overall System Costs.
- Xenon-Like Correlated Color Temperature for Crisp, White, Bright Illumination.
- Excellent Field Uniformity and Intensity in Fluorescent Microscopy Applications, Featuring Outputs and Peak Intensities in Important Spectral Areas.
- Industrial Fiber Optics / Borescopy
- Dental / Surgical Vision
- Medical Fiber Optics
- Machine Vision
- UV Curing
- Medical and Industrial Fiber Optic Illumination
- Bio-Technology and Bio-Medical Optical Instrumentation
Click item code buttons to view detailed data specs. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|AVG. LIFE (H)|
|5002312||75||SMR-75/LFL w/ AL Ring||55||—||6800||600||BUY|
|5002046||75||SMR-75/D1, EmArc Elliptical||55||SPEC||7800||1000||BUY|
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: These products can expose you to Mercury, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov