Micro-Miniature Flexible Endoscopy System
The Theia™ system is a combined illuminator and video processor system for research and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in microendoscopy applications. Available in a 40k-pixel and 160k-pixel resolution model, the system includes crisp and vibrant color images in the hardest to reach locations by matching some of the highest resolution CMOS cameras with the smallest videoscope sizes available. The video processor is capable of handling massive image and digital signal processing applications using a field-programmable gate array (FPGA).
The Theia 40 model has an active image sensor of 200µm x 200µm producing 40k-pixel resolution with a 3-50mm depth of focus and it is ideal for 1.1mm outside diameter (OD) flexible endoscope and a 2-6mm steerable endoscope applications. The Theia 40 automatically adjusts the LED output to maintain a properly illuminated image.
The Theia 160 model has an active image sensor of 400μm x 400μm producing 160k-pixel resolution with a 5-50mm depth of focus. The Theia 160 video processor has auto-gain and auto-exposure. It is ideal for flexible endoscopes 1.7mm OD or larger and 3-6mm steerable endoscope applications.
Both standard models have video output of 30 frames per second (fps), and the standard 6500K color temperature LED delivers uniform white light with up to four fibers surrounding a videoscope with 120º field of view (FOV). Additional product customizations are available including a wide array of endoscope diameters, rigid or flexible scopes, and a range of endoscope lengths.
Features & Benefits
- A complete OEM system with LED light source and video processing unit
- Theia 40: Ideal for 1.1mm OD flexible endoscope, 2-6mm steerable endoscope applications. Auto-LED brightness.
- Theia 160: Ideal for flexible endoscope 1.7mm OD or larger and 3-6mm steerable endoscope applications. Auto-gain and auto-exposure.
- Custom videoscope options available
- Custom packaging and technology subassemblies are available
- Other illumination wavelengths available
- Minimally invasive surgical platforms
- Robotic surgical systems
- Rigid and flexible endoscopes
- Industrial inspection