EmArc® Enhanced Metal Arc
EmArc® lighting technology is the culmination of a dedicated effort to bring together the inherent advantages of a number of gas discharge sources into a single light source. The technology equates to a critical blending of rare gas and metal additives to derive, in a single source, many of the key properties and benefits of stand alone Xenon, Metal Halide and Mercury lamps.
EmArc® light sources are a series of highly efficient, Enhanced Metal Arc, DC gas discharge lamps designed for use in medical, scientific, industrial and entertainment settings. EmArc® lamps are a progressive step ahead in lighting technology possessing features that offer advantages to an array of uses for imaging, fiber optic and other important optical applications.
EmArc® lamps have geometric designs which enable alignment in dichroic visible light or UV specific coated reflectors facilitating use in numerous applications like lighting for minimally invasive surgery, curing of light sensitive resins and adhesives and, dental whitening procedures. EmArc® versatility enables its use in a number of entertainment applications including searchlights, followspots, special effects and automated fixtures.
EmArc lamps are comparable to Metal Halide sources in luminous efficacy but with 2 times to 5 times the life. A correlated color temperature like that of Xenon at 6000K, with very small arc gap sizes, but with 2 times the luminous efficacy of Xenon lamps.
EmArc technology differentiates itself as a new family of discharge lamps.
Features & Benefits
- Up to 60 lumens per watt efficacy two times that of Xenon sources
- Highly durable, rugged elliptical and parabolic reflector designs – very high light path efficiencies for small diameter fiber optic bundle applications
- Precise filling control, electrode design and tight manufacturing tolerances with tipless arc tube construction allows for tightly confined and stable plasma discharge, long life with minimal color temperature drift over life, better optical control, no shadowing
- Far better color control over life than conventional metal halide lamps
- Hot reignition
- Power ranges from 50-850 watts – versatility/ power tunability
- Custom reflector designs available
- Small arc gap sizes – down to 1.2mm highly effective optical collection capability
- Unique hybrid gas discharge technology – 2,000 hours of life; no internal pressure when cold
- EmArc® DC technology – enables operation on lower cost DC power supplies reducing OEM system design costs
- 6000K correlated color temperature – Xenon-like light for crisp, white imaging
- Medical fiber optics for endoscopy or headlight illumination
- Biotechnology / Micro-Array
- Industrial UV Curing
- Machine Vision
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Projection / Entertainment
Specifications will be displayed soon.