General White Papers and Product Information
- Application of the shifted excitation Raman difference spectroscopy (SERDS) to the analysis of trace amounts of methanol in red wines
Presented at SPIE BIOS, February 2014
Shifted Excitation Raman Difference Spectroscopy (SERDS) has proven an effective method for performing Raman analysis of fluorescent samples.
- Volume Bragg Gratings™: A New Platform Technology for WDM Applications
Overview of a novel WDM (wavelength division multiplexer) filter technology based on PD-LD’s proprietary VBG™ technology.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of fluorescent substances and binary mixtures by use of shifted excitation Raman difference spectroscopy – SERDS
Presented at SPIE BIOS, February 2013
Shifted Excitation Raman Difference Spectroscopy (SERDS) implemented with two wavelength-stabilized laser diodes with fixed wavelength separation is discussed as an effective method for dealing with the effects of fluorescence in Raman spectroscopic analysis.
- Determination of Chloride Ion Concentrations in Concrete by means of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy
Presented at SPIE Smart Structures/NDE, March 2011
Describes applications for NIR spectroscopy in assessment of corrosion of concrete in bridges and infrastructure using PD-LD’s proprietary VBG™ technology.
Abstract: Concentration of chloride ions was determined with a classical chemical titration method in three types of samples: a cracked concrete core and an undamaged concrete core, both taken from a bridge in Iowa, and also from concrete test samples prepared at Rutgers University. Chloride concentration profiles were obtained. The same samples were the subjected to the near infrared spectrometric determinations of chloride content by two manufacturers of spectrometric instruments. Very good correlation between the chemical and spectrometric measurements was obtained [ R2> 0.96], thus opening the possibility of rapid on-site chloride concentration determination in concrete structures.
- Wavelength Tunable Narrowband High-Power Diode Laser Stacks based on Volume Bragg Gratings
Presented at Photonics West, 2007
Describes a novel approach for achieving wavelength stabilization and wavelength agility in high-power two-dimensional stacks of high-power laser diodes through the use of VBG gratings with a Bragg period that varies as a function of spacing between the laser diode bars within a stack.
- Efficient Technology for Wavelength Stabilization and Spectrum Narrowing for High-Power Multimode Laser Diodes and Arrays
Presented at OSA/ASSP 2004
Describes how VBG™ glass be used to stabilize multimode high-power laser diodes (HLPDs) and arrays, reducing line width and stabilizing emission wavelength.
- Performance Enhancement of High-Power Laser Diodes and Arrays Using Volume Bragg Grating™ Technology
Presented at Photonics West, 2005
A review of recent advances in VBG™ technology that lead to better spectral performance and improved spatial brightness of high-powered laser diode arrays.
- High-Brightness Wavelength-Beam-Combined Diode Laser Stacks Using a Volume-Bragg Grating (VBG™)
Presented at CLIO, 2006
This paper, written jointly with MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory, describes a method of scaling power and brightness from diode arrays and stacks by wavelength beam combining (WBC) using a wavelength-chirped volume-Bragg grating (VBG™)
- Low Through Channel Loss Wavelength Multiplexer Using Multiple Transmission Volume Bragg Gratings
J. Opt. Sci., Vol. 22, No. 8, August 2005
Description of a wavelength multiplexer design that employs multiple transmission volume Bragg gratings written in the same region of a photosensitive glass having a through channel loss of <0.5dB.
- Efficient High-Brightness Wavelength-Beam Combiner Commercial Off-the-shelf Diode Stacks Achieve by use of Wavelength-Chirped Volume-Bragg Gratings
Optics Letters, Vol. 31, No. 9, May 1, 2006
Describes a method of scaling the spacial brightness from commercial off-the-shelf laser diode stacks through wavelength beam combining, by use of a linearly wavelength-chirped Volume Bragg grating.
- Wavelength Stabilization and Spectrum Narrowing of High-Power Multimode Laser Diodes and Arrays by Volume-Bragg Gratings
Optics Letters, Vol. 29, No. 16, August 15, 2004
Discusses spectral line narrowing and stabilization of the emission wavelength of multimode high-power laser diodes and arrays by use of volume Bragg gratings fabricated in high-stability inorganic photorefractive glass.
- Holographic Volume Bragg Gratings™ Stabilize Laser Performance
Photonics Spectra, November 2003
This article provides an introduction to Volume Bragg Grating™ technology, and describes the advantages that VBG™s confer when used to stabilized high-power laser diodes.